2022 Plaid Pantry Charity Campaign
We are excited to announce Plaid Pantry’s 5th annual charity campaign in December 2022! This all started five years ago over a dinner conversation with our up and coming store managers to reimagine a more impactful way to give back to the communities we live and operate in. By the end of dinner, our store managers had narrowed down and voted on six local non-profit organizations that would best align with our customers, staff and our mission to give back. This program has come a long way since that dinner five years ago, and thanks to the generous support from our customers and vendor partners we have been able to raise over $420,000!
You can participate at any Plaid Pantry at checkout.
Please see below for a complete list of charities we will be supporting in this year:
Donations to Portland Youth Builders will:
- Support young people who are committed to changing their lives to become self-sufficient, contributing members of the workforce and their community.
Donations to Rose Haven will:
- Serve women and children experiencing the trauma of abuse, loss of home and other disruptive life challenges. Rose Haven provides advocacy, hospitality, a free shop, classes/groups, medical programs, showers, and children’s services.
Donations to Morrison Child and Family Services will:
- Provide a broad range of behavioral health, mental health, and prevention services to positively impact the lives of children, youth, and families.
Donations to Northwest Human Services will:
- Provide residents with comprehensive medical, dental, mental health and social services. Programs are integrated and designed to help support those in the Salem community who need it most.
Donations to Turtle Ridge Wildlife will:
- Provide care to injured or orphaned Oregon wildlife with the goal to release them back to their natural habitat. Through our education programs we encourage harmonious coexistence with nature.
Donations to Helping Hands will assist:
- Helping Hands gather donated clothing, bedding and household items and provide them to anyone in need at no charge. Each year Helping Hands Resources is visited nearly 19,000 times by 4000 families to receive clothing, bedding, household items, books and toys.