2020 Plaid Pantry Charity Program
As a local northwest business, we at Plaid Pantry are continuing our efforts to get back to our roots and serve the communities we live and operate in. In 2018 we revamped our charitable contribution program away from large national foundations and into local non-profits that bring much-needed aid to thousands of individuals and families in our community. Although we’ve had great partnerships with large foundations in the past, our contributions were a drop in the bucket compared to their multimillion-dollar budgets. Those same contributions repurposed to small, yet impactful local non-profits will provide significant financial support to help them maintain and expand their services for those in need.
In the month of December, Plaid Pantry is running a store-wide campaign for three local charities that serve our local Portland and Salem communities. These charities were chosen and vetted by our own store employees and managers who participated in a Charity Committee to select the most impactful organizations.
Funds will be raised by Plaid Pantry, our customers, and our vendors. Customers will be asked at check out if they would like to donate to any of our three non-profit partners. Vendor donations can come in the form of a dollar commitment towards the sale of their participating items during the campaign or a commitment of a lump sum donation.
2019 was our 2nd year with this new charity campaign and was a huge success with over $90,000 raised! These donations in the hands of our local non-profits are more impactful than you can know and go to help hundreds of individuals and families receive the help they need to get back on their feet.
Please see below for a complete list of charities we will be supporting in the upcoming Charity Drive.
- Portland Youth Builders – Supports young people who are committed to changing their lives to become self-
sufficient, contributing members of the workforce and their community.
- Rose Haven – Serves women and children experiencing the trauma of abuse, loss of home and other disruptive life challenges. Rose Haven provides advocacy, hospitality, a free shop, classes/groups, medical programs, showers, and children’s services.
- Morrison Child and Family Services – Provides effective and responsive services for children and youth coping with adversity and trauma such as abuse, neglect, domestic violence, drug and alcohol addiction, mental health difficulties, criminality, and other stress factors. This program also provides mental health, substance abuse, and prevention and education services.
- Northwest Human Services – Northwest Human Services provides residents with comprehensive medical, dental,
mental health, and social services. Programs are integrated and designed to help support those in the Salem community who need it most.
- Turtle Ridge Wildlife – Turtle Ridge Wildlife Center exists to provide care to injured or orphaned Oregon wildlife
with the goal to release them back to their natural habitat. Through our education programs we encourage harmonious coexistence with nature.
- Helping Hands – Helping Hands is a non-profit organization that gathers donated clothing, bedding and household items and provides them to anyone in need at no charge. Each year Helping Hands Resources is visited nearly 19,000 times by 4000 families to receive clothing, bedding, household items, books and toys.